Even field Negroes like to play.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Sports Rants From The Field




















I don't know, maybe it's because there is so much f#%^$d up stuff going on in the world, or maybe it's because it's football season. But lately, I find myself wanting to write more about sports and less about real serious s#%t. Like frat boys phony war on terror, young Americans still dying in Iraq.....ah I said I would only blog about sports, and by God that's what I will do.
Whew! I think I have some issues.


OK so this is my first official posting on FNsports my new blog dedicated to all things sports. [ Like I don't spend enough time blogging] I must confess, I love this blogging stuff.

So anyway, this is going to be nothing but rants on my part, because this is such a huge sports weekend here in these United States.

So where do I start? Well, I just saw those "white hats" [my name for Penn State] get their asses kicked by Notre Dame. That Charlie Weiss has made a believer in the field of his abilities. Now don't get me wrong, I still despise Notre Dame for the way the got rid of Ty Willingham, and I happen to know that a few racist boosters of that fine catholic institution were itching to get rid of him. [There I go already. What, three paragraphs into my new blog and I am calling out racism already] Still, the man can flat out coach. And since I don't particularly like PSU, [maybe it's the white hats] it was nice to see them get a good old fashion ass whooping.

Mmmm, let's see what else? Oh,big Texas OSU game tonight. Quite frankly, I don't know what the hype is all about. I don't think either team will be playing come new years day for the big one. I like OSU's QB a little bit, and Teddy Ginn, Jr., is a legitimate first round pick, but I just don't see OSU going undefeated. As for Texas, you just can't lose a Vince Young, and expect to bounce back the next year. Unless, you are SC of course. For my money, everybody better watch the aforementioned Notre Dame, and West Virginia, Florida, LSU, and Auburn will be right there as well. Not sure if anyone significant will come out of the left coast. I know SC is loaded, but I don't think they can play smash mouth football.

OK so what else, oh, Andy Roddick got into the finals of The U.S. Open against my man Roger Federer. Bye bye Andy it was fun while it lasted. I swear everybody is talking about the way Tiger is dominating his sport. And he is. But if you want to see real dominance, check out what Mr. Federer is doing on the tour. His game, in my humble opinion, is the best all round ever. And that includes Sampras, Agassi, Borg, and McEnroe. And I know a thing or two about tennis. [4.5 rating from the USTA thank you very much]

I see Mr. Bonds went yard again; that's 731 and counting. So all you haters out there, better fall back. Steroids or no steroids, Barry is the truth! And, the Giants are in the middle of a pennant race.

I heard some loser on one of my local sports radio stations [I will be talking a lot about them]try to diminish what Bonds has accomplished, and the guy sounded so hollow and pathetic that it was almost laughable. But what do you expect from some fat old overweight guy who, the closest he ever got, or will ever get, to that type of greatness, is writing or talking about it. Don't even get me started on those losers. [Sports journalist and talk show hosts]

Speaking of baseball, the Phililies have the next young super star in the game in Ryan Howard. I just hope these Philly fans don't destroy him. They have a way of doing that here. Especially to certain... ah ahm, field negro types.

Finally, good luck to my man Asafa Powell in Athens next week. Yeah Yawdie, you are the true and only world record holder. So big up!

Now the thing I like about sports is, performance doesn't lie. And tomorrow morning, if Roddick puts an ass whopping on Federer, or Auburn gets upset, the field will look like a complete moron. But hey, no one is perfect, and the field like everyone else, just has opinions. I just happen to be right most of the time :)

I wonder where the SU Jags play this week, I could use a nice half time show.

Hang on Tigers, hang on!

The field-negro is out.

Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post!! I brought very nice sports apparels from Dick's Sporting Goods store through CouponAlbum site...I like sports...