Even field Negroes like to play.

Friday, October 06, 2006

DEALING IN THE BRONX!



It's a beautiful thing! I hope everyone caught my man Justin Verlander dealing on the Yanks the other night. Yeah, that 103 MPH heat will get you every time. Along with my man Joel Zamaya-who was throwing darts in the triple digits himself-Verlander shut down the Yanks to help my Tigers even the series.

Now will this last? I doubt it. Jeter is too much of a gamer to let his team go down to the team he grew up with in nearby Kalamazoo Michigan. But you gotta love 21 million man Alex Rodhitless. Yes folks he took an 0-ffer again last night, and he heard the Bronx cheer every time he went to the plate. In case you were wondering, let me write what a Bronx cheer looks like for you. It looks something like this: Boooooooooooo!

By the way, congrats to the Oakland A's for sweeping those frauds from the Twin Cities. The A's have been playoff chokers themselves over the past few years, but this could be the year they make a serious run at the World Series Title. And to think they were in Philly once and we let them go and not the Phillies.


Now speaking of Philly. Folks my home town is all in a tizzy over T.O. coming back on Sunday. And I just don't get it. I mean this is all you hear in the office, on the street corner, on talk radio, and on television. And I am not talking the sports report. I am talking the lead story. "T.O. is back". It's enough to make an Eagles fan like myself reconsider cheering for this team. Memo to me fellow iggles fans. Calm the f%*& down please. THIS IS THE FIFTH GAME OF THE SEASON!!We might just want to wait until it's playoffs time before we get this pumped.

Somehow I don't think the folks in Big D are even getting worked up over this game, because they understand that it's just one game early in the season. I know T.O. rolled on us, and broke a lot of people's hearts. But get over that s#@%, he is gone now, and we can't bring him back. And yes the guy is a jerk, and he is weired and we would like to whup up on his new team. After all, the only thing we hate more than T.O. around here, is the Cowboys. And now we have a two for one deal going with him being a Cowpoke. BUT IT'S EARLY! And this has always been the problem with this town-especially when it comes to football-we play our Super Bowl when we play the Cow pokes, and they are just one of the fourteen other teams that we will have to play.

So to all my fellow fans in the "City of Brotherly Love" I say, calm down, take a deep breath, and if we lose Sunday we lose. If T.O. goes to the middle of the field, and spikes the ball in the middle of our Eagle's eyes; turn the other cheek. Because at the end of the day, the best revenge against T.O. and the rest of the boys. Will be holding that Pete Rozzele trophy in that convertible, as it rides down Broad Street.

I'm out!

No comments: